The home of naturally beautiful furniture and homewares
Enhance your home with a versatile console table, perfect for showcasing cherished photos and storing essentials like keys. You'll find narrow console tables, the perfect hall console table and the ideal behind the sofa table, place them around the home to create a stylish and a functional addition.
Fast & Free UK Mainland Shipping
No Quibble Returns Policy
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Perfect Console Table for Any Space
In today’s interior design world, console tables have become a versatile and essential piece of furniture for any space. Whether you have a small entryway that needs a functional and stylish touch or a spacious living room that calls for a statement piece, choosing the right console table can make all the difference. But with so many options available, how can you find the perfect one that suits your style, space, and budget?
Welcome to our ultimate guide to choosing the perfect console table. In this article, we will walk you through everything you need to know to make an informed decision. From different materials and styles to considerations for size and functionality, we’ve got you covered. We’ll also share expert tips on how to style your console table to create a cohesive and visually appealing look.
So, whether you’re a minimalist seeking a sleek and slim design or a maximalist looking for a bold and ornate piece, this guide will help you find the console table of your dreams. Let’s get started and transform your space with the perfect console table.
Factors to consider when choosing a console table
Console tables come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles, each serving a unique purpose. Understanding the different types available will help you narrow down your options and choose the one that best suits your needs.
2. Modern Console Tables: If you prefer clean lines, minimalistic designs, and sleek finishes, modern console tables are the way to go. They often feature metal or glass materials and can add a contemporary touch to any room.
3. Rustic Console Tables: For a warm and cozy feel, rustic console tables made from reclaimed wood or distressed finishes are a great choice. They bring a sense of nature and authenticity to your space.
4. Industrial Console Tables: Inspired by urban lofts and factories, industrial console tables feature raw materials like metal and wood with exposed hardware. They are perfect for creating a trendy, industrial-inspired look.
5. Mirrored Console Tables: If you want to add a touch of glamour and reflectivity to your space, mirrored console tables are the way to go. They create an illusion of space and add a touch of elegance.
6. Narrow Console Tables: These tables are designed to fit in tight spaces like hallways or small entryways. They are slim and compact, making them perfect for areas with limited space.
Remember to consider the overall style of your space when choosing the type of console table. It should complement the existing furniture and decor to create a cohesive look.
Console table materials and finishes
Now that you have an idea of the different types of console tables available, it's important to consider a few key factors before making your final decision. These factors will ensure that the console table you choose not only looks great but also serves its purpose in your space.
2. Functionality: Think about how you plan to use the console table. Do you need extra storage, a surface for displaying decor, or a place to store keys and mail? Consider the functionality you require and choose a console table that meets those needs.
3. Size and Proportion: Measure the space where you plan to place the console table to ensure a proper fit. Consider the height, width, and depth of the table, as well as the space around it for comfortable movement.
4. Budget: Set a budget for your console table purchase. Determine how much you are willing to spend and look for options within that price range. Remember, a higher price doesn't always mean better quality, so do your research and compare prices.
5. Durability: Consider the material and construction of the console table. Look for quality craftsmanship and materials that can withstand daily use. A durable console table will last for years to come.
By considering these factors, you can narrow down your options and choose a console table that not only looks great but also meets your specific needs.
Console table designs and styles
Console tables are available in a variety of materials and finishes, each adding a unique touch to your space. Understanding the different options will help you choose a table that aligns with your style and preferences.
2. Metal: Metal console tables add a modern and industrial touch to any space. Choose from options like stainless steel, iron, or brass, depending on the look you want to achieve. Metal tables are often sleek and minimalist in design.
3. Glass: Glass console tables create a sense of lightness and openness in a space. They can be perfect for smaller rooms as they visually expand the area. Choose from clear, frosted, or colored glass to match your style.
4. Mirrored: Mirrored console tables add elegance and glamour to any room. They reflect light and create an illusion of space. Choose from a fully mirrored table or one with mirrored accents.
5. Stone: Stone console tables, such as marble or granite, add a luxurious and sophisticated touch to your space. They are durable and can withstand daily use. Stone tables often have unique patterns and veining, making each piece one-of-a-kind.
Consider the existing materials and finishes in your space when choosing a console table. Aim for a harmonious combination that enhances the overall aesthetic.
Console table size and proportion
Console tables come in a variety of designs and styles, allowing you to choose one that matches your personal taste and complements your space. Whether you prefer a traditional look or a more contemporary design, there is a console table style for everyone.
2. Modern and Contemporary: Modern and contemporary console tables are all about clean lines and minimalistic designs. They often feature sleek finishes and simple shapes. These tables are perfect for creating a modern and streamlined look.
3. Vintage and Retro: Vintage and retro console tables bring a sense of nostalgia and charm to your space. Look for tables with unique shapes, vibrant colours, and retro-inspired details. They are perfect for adding personality to eclectic or bohemian spaces.
4. Art Deco: If you love glamorous and luxurious designs, an art deco console table might be the perfect choice for you. These tables often feature bold geometric shapes, mirrored surfaces, and metallic accents.
5. Coastal and Beachy: For a relaxed and beachy vibe, consider a console table with a coastal-inspired design. Look for tables made from light-coloured wood, woven materials, or tables with a distressed finish.
6. Minimalist: Minimalist console tables are all about simplicity and functionality. They often have clean lines and a neutral colour palette. These tables work well in modern or Scandinavian-inspired spaces.
Consider the overall style of your space and choose a console table design that complements it. Remember, you can also mix and match styles for an eclectic look.
Console table placement and functionality
Choosing the right size console table is crucial to ensure it fits properly in your space and doesn't overwhelm or appear too small. Consider the following tips when determining the size and proportion of your console table:
2. Width: The width of the console table depends on the available space and the function you require. If you need storage or a surface for displaying decor, choose a wider table. If you have a narrow hallway, opt for a slim and narrow table.
3. Depth: The depth of the console table should be appropriate for the space it will occupy. Consider the amount of walking space needed and the overall traffic flow in the room. A depth of around 12 to 18 inches is usually sufficient.
4. Proportion: The console table should be proportionate to the size of the wall or area where it will be placed. Avoid choosing a table that is too small or too large for the available space. It should complement the surrounding elements without overpowering them.
Before purchasing a console table, measure the space where it will be placed, and consider the proportions in relation to the surrounding furniture and decor.
Console table storage options
Choosing the right placement for your console table depends on the function you require and the layout of your space. Here are a few placement ideas and considerations to keep in mind:
2. Living Rooms: Console tables can be used in living rooms to add style and functionality. Place them behind the sofa as a surface for lamps, books, or decorative items. Alternatively, position them against a wall to create a focal point or to divide the room into different areas.
3. Dining Rooms: In dining rooms, console tables can serve as a storage space for extra dinnerware, table linens, or as a serving area during gatherings. Place them against a wall near the dining table or in a corner, depending on the available space.
4. Hallways and Corridors: Narrow console tables are perfect for hallways or corridors where space is limited. They can provide storage for small items or serve as a decorative element. Position them against the wall to maximize walking space.
Consider the flow of your space and the function you need from the console table when choosing its placement. Ensure it doesn't obstruct movement and complements the existing furniture.
Console table decor and styling ideas
If you need extra storage in your space, consider choosing a console table with built-in storage options. Here are a few storage options to consider:
2. Shelves: Console tables with shelves offer open storage for displaying books, decor items, or baskets. They can add a decorative touch to your space while keeping essential items within reach.
3. Cabinets: Console tables with cabinets provide concealed storage for larger items or items you prefer to keep out of sight. Cabinets often have doors or sliding panels, allowing you to hide clutter.
Choose a console table with storage options that suit your needs. Consider the number of items you need to store and whether you prefer them visible or hidden.
Conclusion and final tips for choosing the perfect console table
Once you have chosen the perfect console table for your space, it's time to decorate and style it to create a visually appealing look. Here are some ideas to get you started:
2. Add lighting: Place a pair of table lamps or wall sconces on either side of the console table to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Lighting not only serves a functional purpose but also adds a decorative element.
3. Display decorative items: Arrange decorative items, such as vases, candles, or sculptures, on the console table. Play with different heights, textures, and colours to create an eye-catching display.
4. Incorporate greenery: Add a touch of nature by placing potted plants or fresh flowers on the console table. This will bring life and freshness to your space.
5. Use trays and baskets: Use trays or baskets to organize and contain smaller items like keys or mail. This will keep your console table neat and organized.
6. Layer with accessories: Layer different accessories, such as books, trays, and small decorative objects, to add depth and dimension to the table. Mix and match textures and colorus for an eclectic look.
Remember to periodically update and rearrange the decor on your console table to keep it fresh and interesting.